Tuesday, January 4, 2011

That's for the birds. (Part One)


In my own small way I'm going to do a tribute to the the red-winged blackbirds that fell from the sky and died on New Year’s Eve in a mini three part post, setting aside the What I’m Wearing Wednesday and focusing on humanities enjoyment of birds.

Many people have many ways of enjoying birds, now of course we enjoy them many different ways, from watching them, having them as pets, jewelry, art, writing and singing about them.
One of my fondest memories is that my grandmother loved to watch the humming birds when she was staying with us. One got trapped in the laundry room and when I finally caught it just stayed in my hand. So I brought it over for her to see.

(Not my hands or image, but that should be a Rufus male which habitats Oregon)
My grandmother also had many bird pins and while the images below are not of those pins I could see her wearing these.

(Jomez vintage pin)

(Boucher vintage pin)

No comments:

Post a Comment