Thursday, January 6, 2011

A feather in your cap (Part Three)

To finish off my bird trio I had to cover fashion. Fashion has also had a long history with birds. You see shawls with birds, dresses with birds, some as prints some as the actual feathers. Many are quite tasteful but here are some Don'ts:

Don't wear a whole bird on your head.


Don't wear a bird in your hair. We don't like rats nest in our hair why would we want a bird nest?


And never ever ever make and wear a whole bird dress. Sorry Bjork I know your talented and I love you music but this is too much!



But what can you do now? You could wear a hat with feather Like this. I know I would.


Or you can remove the bow and feather and replace with a brooch. Mind you I would probably purchase a black fedora.

(Vintage Boucher brooch)

(Vintage Sarah Coventry plumes see ad below)

2 comments:

  1. I love birds feathers especially my ultimate birdy the peacock! I once wore a small peacock feather in my hair to a wedding and I still love it. You are right though, a whole bird...not pretty and feather is ok tho.
    Cupcake
    www.fashion-tarts.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! I love the multi-color of peacock feathers. We have a place in Arcadia California that hosts or houses allot of peacocks.The Arboretum and Botanic garden. Mind you the peacocks live in residing neighborhoods and are quite tame.

    ReplyDelete