Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A bird's-eye view (Part Two)

The world of birds in art is wonderful thing. One of the most famous illustration books sold at the highest price. In four minutes worth of bidding the John James Audubon "Birds of America" sold for more than $10 million. I’ve seen a few of the images online and it’s very impressive. Here is one he did on the Red Winged Blackbirds.



Now in the perfect world of art and jewelry you get the following Takahashi Birds that are hand carved and hand painted. I just love the detail.




But be careful of fakes the bottom hummingbird is a fake you can tell the difference allot of fakes are not as glossy like the goose shown above or as detailed.



1 comment:

  1. Hi - Can you tell me who I can contact - I am looking to purchase vintage Takahashi bird pins to add to my collection.

    ReplyDelete