Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cameo's and the Ladies Fan.


I know I said I would create a post about Cameo's after posting about Napoleons crown. However I think Carol does it better which you can read here at her blog: Collecting Vintage Jewelry.

I myself at one point considered collecting cameo's but I couldn't settle on what? Do I collect Shell, Lava, Amber? do I collect women portraits, or scenes? it was simply too much for me. As a collector, I start by getting anything and everything. Such as ladies fans, when I started to collect them. (seen below my small collection)




Until I suddenly hone down onto one particular trait. Such as the Celluloid fans. Sure one could say "but this is not Jewelry!" perhaps, is all I would say, yet Victorian ladies used fans to complete their outfits. Just as we put on earnings, a watch or necklace to complete ours.



 (three celluloid fans)

2 comments: