Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What I'm Wearing Wednesday




What you are looking at is my small collection of Rutilated Quartz. The necklace was the first piece I got and I always thought it was pretty with the gold bars in it. The rings followed sometime later.

Rutilated quartz is found in Australia, Brazil, Kazakhstan, Madagascar, Norway, Pakistan and the United States.

It's a good thing I don't have to travel abroad to get these! Here another couple of interesting facts about this stone.

Rutilated quartz has been referred to as Cupid's darts, Venus hair stone and Fleches d'amour.

Folklore: Rutilated quartz is said to slow down the aging process and is said to be a strong healer.

Slow down the aging process. Well if that's the case perhaps I'll wear these more often. Plus I've started back at the gym perhaps it can help heal my sore muscles too!

No comments:

Post a Comment