Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Here’s a Statement for you


Lately I have been seeing advertisements about statement necklaces to compliment your outfit. Big, bright and bold necklaces they dazzle your eyes and yes my fingers itched to snatch them all up. Buying into the current fashions, a black and white stripe top, I was stuck with what do I wear for a necklace? Bright and bold! Off I went to find the perfect necklace. What I found was not what I expected.

Recovering from some dental surgery two days previous my lower left jaw was quite swollen. My Jaw line… well I had none, and my spirit felt pummeled. Even worse I was not finding that perfect necklace. But I was not to be defeated. I found my statement piece that fit not just the top but my mood. I gave up trying not to smile, because it hurt to smile, as I made my purchase.
I pledged to myself, like this necklace I would heal, to be positive and to soar above what ails you.


(Modern Necklace - Fossil)

No comments:

Post a Comment